Here's a summary of how we use and store specific personal information on the Dead Zebra Inc shop.
This USA company is a corporation registered and located in New York with our main shipping warehouse in Massachusetts and wholesale shipping warehouse California.
In operating our store, it is essential for us to capture some information about your device, such as your IP address and information related to your visit when you browse our store. For example, this might include time-stamp, the last page or product you visited, the indication that you logged in.
We do that in order to:
- remember who you are after you log in so that you do not need to authenticate at each click
- monitor if our website is running properly
- let you browse between products without having to start back from the home page at each click
- remember if you put something in your shopping cart before you decide to checkout
- control that your data is processed securely
Order information you provide
If you buy something from our store, we will need more specific information about you. To fully process and ship your order, we need personal data such as your first and last name, your email address and your shipping and billing address. We also use your information to send you communication related to the processing and shipping of your order. We will ask you to provide this information in our “checkout page” before letting you finalize your purchase with the payment.
You might chose to sign up for our newsletter when you check out (or right from www.deadzebra.com). This will provide our newsletter management program with only your first name and your email address. We operate on a 'double opt-in' policy, where you receive and e-mail to confirm that you REALLY want our newsletter after you sign up. This prevents others from signing up on your behalf. Be sure to check your SPAM folder if you don't receive a confirmation within an hour or two. Unsubscribing is immediate and as simple as clicking the link on the bottom of any newsletter.
How do we process your information?
We use an external provider to run our store, BigCommerce. BigCommerce is based in the US and is a participant in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and committed to providing best-in-class service and data protection. You can check its participation in the Privacy Shield here on the official site of The International Trade Administration (ITA), U.S. Department of Commerce.
Through the shop we also use integrated service providers:
- Payment: Our store is PCI-DSS compliant (a very strict industry standard with requirements for the security of credit card information), we use accredited companies to process your credit card information: USAePay, PayPal and Amazon Pay. All credit card information is processed on their secure servers, we do not directly collect or store your card information on our own site.
- Shipping: We integrate with a number of shipping companies to fulfill your orders including providers such as Endicia / Stamps.com, Shipworks, Shipstation, USPS (and local equivalents).
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your data for as long as you have an account with us. We also keep some data for security investigation. Most importantly, we have specific obligations for fraud detection and tax reasons. Therefore, we might need to retain certain non-identifiable data.
Who can I talk to about this?
Contact us via our contact form and we'll be happy to clarify anything!